Help ENCRPTED? EMMC NEED DATA TO GIVE CUSTOMER

vicky927

Jun 28, 2019
thanks for reading this need help me out to get back data from emmc but when i read emmc its shows crypto state: encrypted?
any solution even i read the user data in that i cant find explore file system

arcaine2

Oct 24, 2018
It's possible that phones uses a filesystem that's not being recognized by UFI, such as F2FS, but this is rather rare outside of Motorola, Lenovo and some Huawei phones. You can verify this by looking at hexview. On the other hand, since it's running Android 6.0.1 it's more likely that it is factory encrypted. There's no way to decrypt it outside the phone so the only option to get data out is to either fix the phone so it'll boot with a working screen, touch (or OTG so you can connect mouse/keyboard) and connectivity with PC do be able to dump data. Other than that, only "transpalnting" CPU and eMMC into a working board is an alternative option.

vicky927

Jun 28, 2019
It's possible that phones uses a filesystem that's not being recognized by UFI, such as F2FS, but this is rather rare outside of Motorola, Lenovo and some Huawei phones. You can verify this by looking at hexview. On the other hand, since it's running Android 6.0.1 it's more likely that it is factory encrypted. There's no way to decrypt it outside the phone so the only option to get data out is to either fix the phone so it'll boot with a working screen, touch (or OTG so you can connect mouse/keyboard) and connectivity with PC do be able to dump data. Other than that, only "transpalnting" CPU and eMMC into a working board is an alternative option.
bro i don't think its to hard for ufi box
as they can unlock lock without data loss they must create some option that we can get data back as i check in it
other options you can read but only user data don't shows option to dig in
any way thanks for interest in this
if i do full back up of emmc how do i get scartter file to flash user data
other same phone

arcaine2

Oct 24, 2018
bro i don't think its to hard for ufi box
as they can unlock lock without data loss they must create some option that we can get data back as i check in it

Bypassing or removing a password is one thing, and also often not really possible for most encrypted devices with UFI with some exceptions. Let's agree that systemui methods or something similar is not a valid solution. Oppo solution is some other exploit, where they don't touch userdata partiton either. Decrypting data outside the phone is something else entirely, and the main problem is that key partially depends on the hardware. Sorry to say that, but that's the reality nowadays, even for forensics type software.

other options you can read but only user data don't shows option to dig in
[...]
if i do full back up of emmc how do i get scartter file to flash user data
other same phone

You can't browse it because UFI doesn't detect the filesystem, either because it is encrypted or unknown for UFI - like F2FS i mentioned before. Dump it and check the header with some hex editor to be sure. My guess is, that it's the encryption.
As for scatter, you don't really need it. Dump userdata partition into a single file, then you can read (identify) a new phone by USB (you may need a firmware file or a correct DA file) and you'll see all the partitions. You can then load your dumped userdata and flash it directly. Keep in mind that it won't be much of a help, and most likely you'll see an encryption error while the phone will boot. That's why i said you need to transplant both CPU and eMMC.

Last edited:
Reactions: vicky927

vicky927

Jun 28, 2019
Bypassing or removing a password is one thing, and also often not really possible for most encrypted devices with UFI with some exceptions. Let's agree that systemui methods or something similar is not a valid solution. Oppo solution is some other exploit, where they don't touch userdata partiton either. Decrypting data outside the phone is something else entirely, and the main problem is that key partially depends on the hardware. Sorry to say that, but that's the reality nowadays, even for forensics type software.

You can't browse it because UFI doesn't detect the filesystem, either because it is encrypted or unknown for UFI - like F2FS i mentioned before. Dump it and check the header with some hex editor to be sure. My guess is, that it's the encryption.
As for scatter, you don't really need it. Dump userdata partition into a single file, then you can read (identify) a new phone by USB (you may need a firmware file or a correct DA file) and you'll see all the partitions. You can then load your dumped userdata and flash it directly. Keep in mind that it won't be much of a help, and most likely you'll see an encryption error while the phone will boot. That's why i said you need to transplant both CPU and eMMC.
your guideline was really nice to understand
well i will try some of your method hope it will short out
what ever it ....i will update it
solved or been at same place

pathan abidkhan

Nov 15, 2020
gujrat
ufi me kuchh esa update nikalo jis se encrapted emmc ko hum user id aur frp id dal ke emmc se data le sake, cpu kharab hone par bhi imp data lose ho jati hai,,
fir dabla kis kamka?