Galaxy J5 2016 Data Recovery

BugDroid

Jun 17, 2019
Hi guys

I have a J5 and I am using whatsapp, I had set it to make daily backups. A few days ago I mistakenly removed whatsapp, didn't really worry since I thought I had a backup. Well after reinstalling whatsapp I realized that there was no backup in my google drive account. Neither in the phone as such. After a while I thought there must have been backups, which might have been deleted. So in order to recover the backups I wanted to root the phone. First I installed TWRP via Odin, and then in TWRP I flashed the SuperSU.

Now when I power the phone on it shows on top of the screen: "Set warranty bit: kernel". And after the samsung has come up it shows "verification failed. Unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed..."

So now not only I cannot get the whatsapp backup, now I cannot access any data (pictures, videos...) on the phone.

Is there a way to get the data back? Would the UFI box or similar things work? What if I desolder the chip (I am an electronic technician) and get a reader for it, is there a way to decrypt the data using my google account? What if I desolder the chip and put the original bootloader on the chip? bypassing the efuse?

any help is very much appreciated!

Regards
Peter

waqas_ali6012003

Friend's Martview
Nov 17, 2018
Sonork ID
Did u try with same recovery file ?
Same boot file ?
I mean flash only stock recovery ur phone will be fine .
If not done flash with same boot file only wich u had before .

Yes UFi can recover ur data . With ISP pinouts ..

Sent From SM-N950F Using Martview Forum App

BugDroid

Jun 17, 2019
Sorry, didnt see your response until now.
I didnt touch the phone in the last few weeks. What I did do, is buy the same phone again, so I could test various methods to recover files without risking loosing it all for good on the original phone.
Nevertheless I am interested in your ISP method. Can you explain how you would proceed? I guess if I can extract the information using ISP it would still be decrypted...