Chimera Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G N986B Unlocked Anti-Roll Back Chimera Tool Says Successful But Fails in Odin

Chimera Tool

kingwicked

Feb 4, 2024
Pakistan
Hi,
Greetings To Every One .:)

I bought yesterday Chimera tool Samsung License for 1 Year. I have tried to roll back N986B Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked from N986BXXS9HWL1 to N986BXXS3FVC8 firmware. Result is very annoying and disappointing.

Its my 1st time with a flashing tool although i have rooting and installing custom roms from Samsung Galaxy S1 days till today On my Note 20 Ultra 5G.
I am not a repair technician or do any business of such. I'm just an enthusiastic user. I am really pissed at this.

I just got the license to downgrade my Note 20 Ultra N986B from A13 to A12. Thinking that Exynos 990 Anti-Modem Roll Back Solution including N986B N20 Ultra 5G by Chimera will help me go back to A12 firmware . Perhaps my knowledge about subject is not correct and perhaps only modem can be rolled back and not the binary of phone.

Some other People online are even offering paid services to me to achieve this because apparently as per them this is not solution for this to achieve

I messaged Chimera Official account on Telegram but no one cares to reply. Can for the Love of God someone guide or help me where i am going wrong
and if its not possible then i stop wasting my time in this direction. And find other ways.

Please see my screenshots also the device history and results. Says successful but when flashing binary 3 from Odin or from Chimera tool i get a red warning in Odin with
FAIL saying Phone Binary 9 modem Binary 3 and had to flash again stock rom Binary 9 because in this condition phone fails to go out of odin mode with Error.

I would be thankful and obliged if some one can put me on the right path and guide what i am doing wrong.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 39
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 38

arcaine2

Oct 24, 2018
It's just for the modem. My guess is that it's to help with IMEI repair and patch cert. You can't downgrade whole firmware to older binary, and i'm affraid you're stuck on Android 12 if you're currently on binary 9.

kingwicked

Feb 4, 2024
Pakistan
It's just for the modem. My guess is that it's to help with IMEI repair and patch cert. You can't downgrade whole firmware to older binary, and i'm affraid you're stuck on Android 12 if you're currently on binary 9.
Well i am on Android 13 and wanted to downgrade to Android 12. And Yes you are right i had to read a little and came to know its only modem downgrade and not the whole firmware and perhaps as you said its only for repair purposes with regards to imei and patch cert.

Thank you very much at least you replied out of the 33 people who read my post but didnt reply a single helping word. Have a nice day my friend. :W:

ChimeraTool

Product Manager
Apr 6, 2021
Slovakia
Hi,
Greetings To Every One .:)

I bought yesterday Chimera tool Samsung License for 1 Year. I have tried to roll back N986B Note 20 Ultra 5G Unlocked from N986BXXS9HWL1 to N986BXXS3FVC8 firmware. Result is very annoying and disappointing.

Its my 1st time with a flashing tool although i have rooting and installing custom roms from Samsung Galaxy S1 days till today On my Note 20 Ultra 5G.
I am not a repair technician or do any business of such. I'm just an enthusiastic user. I am really pissed at this.

I just got the license to downgrade my Note 20 Ultra N986B from A13 to A12. Thinking that Exynos 990 Anti-Modem Roll Back Solution including N986B N20 Ultra 5G by Chimera will help me go back to A12 firmware . Perhaps my knowledge about subject is not correct and perhaps only modem can be rolled back and not the binary of phone.

Some other People online are even offering paid services to me to achieve this because apparently as per them this is not solution for this to achieve

I messaged Chimera Official account on Telegram but no one cares to reply. Can for the Love of God someone guide or help me where i am going wrong
and if its not possible then i stop wasting my time in this direction. And find other ways.

Please see my screenshots also the device history and results. Says successful but when flashing binary 3 from Odin or from Chimera tool i get a red warning in Odin with
FAIL saying Phone Binary 9 modem Binary 3 and had to flash again stock rom Binary 9 because in this condition phone fails to go out of odin mode with Error.

I would be thankful and obliged if some one can put me on the right path and guide what i am doing wrong.
Dear User,

You did get a reply from us on Telegram regarding this, and this procedure is not for binary downgrade. Why do you want to downgrade the binary version? WHat procedure do you want to run?

Best Regards,
ChimeraTeam