Could you help me with a Xiaomi S2(y2) account lock problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxLover

Dec 22, 2019
Hi,

I have a Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) sitting for two years without use cause it got stuck locked by a Xiaomi Mi account that was deleted with the phone still associated to it. Now that I am reparing phones/electronics for fun, I wanna give the device a second life.

I tried to delete the Mi account with Miracle box Thunder 2.82 (by EDL) but it threw me the "Read error ID: 10001" (I don't think it was the ports, since it assign it the COM3). So, I couldn't use the anti-lock option either.

I managed to remove the Mi account with the Unbricker Redmi S2 (YSL) executable. It worked flawesly (although I don't know if that program prevents the relock, I assume that it only edits the rawprogram0.xml). Also I had FRP and I could remove it with MRT 2.6.

The case is, this phone has MIUI 10, the oldest version available is MIUI9 and the bootloader is locked. I tried to EDL flash with MiFlash from EDL the last official Gobal Stable ROM (MIUI11) ... and I get the credentials dialog of the MI account (I imagine that the account is still stored somewhere. This is not a problem, I could use the modified and signed .mbn programer/loader file to bypass authentication.
  1. After deleting the account like that, am I gonna have any problem with time?. I mean, is there anyway to unlock it completely? I mean, using it totally normal without any posible relock again with an update or something? (I am not going to use Xiaomi accounts or the Mi cloud).
  2. Do I need to do something more additionally like use the relock function in some boxes? Do I need to do the adb command to disable find_device in the phone?
The bootloader of the phone is locked so I can't unlock it cause it will ask for the associated Mi account... Other way I would have unlocked the phone, flashed TWRP and a custom ROM.

Thank you very much in advance!.
Nice forum, great design by the way.
Greetings!!

FluxLover

Dec 22, 2019
I keep digging and tinkering with this. As far as I researched, The most alternative and "permanent" method to the official one (with the verified server auth) would be trying to unlock the device bootloader and flash a custom ROM/bootloader because there are a few methods to avoid the relock with some box patches like the one introduced in UMT 3.2 dongle but Xiaomi it's gonna keep updating and preventing those methods (i.e MIUI July 2019 patch). Supposedly, you can always turn off automatic system updates but...

I gonna try to unlock the bootloader with the required auth (that linked account is deleted. So, nothing to do with auth, try to bypass it is the only option or find a way to associate other the new MI account).

Keep digging, keep learning

Status
Not open for further replies.