HARD BRICKED - LG G Stylo (LG MS631 MetroPCS)

1BlackHat

Apr 10, 2017
Dallas, TX USA
Hello Friends,

I am new to the forum and have recently hard bricked my LG G Stylo (LG MS631 MetroPCS). In spending MANY hours on Google, I finally found the thread at
Unbrick LG G4 Brick hs-usb Qdloader 9008 Without Box
but my model isn't supported in that thread.

I have been without my phone for SEVERAL days, and I need help in getting it to work again.

If anyone can team up with me in TeamViewer or some other software... or just offer instructions on how to get it working again... I will do my BEST to make it worth your while. I have searched everywhere for a solution, but have had no success so far -- Howard Forums, XDA Developers, Android Forums, and others.

The phone shows no sign of life, does not power up, has no led light, offers no boot screen -- but when I plug it into the laptop (a Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1) using a USB cord, it shows up in the Device Manager in "Other Devices" (after selecting View--->Show Hidden Devices) as "QHSUSB_BULK" which means that there must be SOME hope for it -- ???

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the phone before I flashed the wrong firmware to it. I was trying to downgrade it from Android Marshmallow 6.0 back to Android Lollipop because I couldn't figure out how to root it while it was running Marshmallow.

Using the LG Up tool, the phone accepted the firmware package -- the MS63110J kdz file -- it said 100% complete... looked like it was going to restart on it's own -- but NEVER did -- and has been dead ever since.

Anyone able to assist, please let me know!!

Most Appreciatively,
1BlackHat

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmerd

May 3, 2017
Las Vegas NV
insert in this usb
go to device manager and see whether it showa qbulk, or qload 9008.
if yes this is my whatsapp number +256701557462

Sent From Phantom6-Plus Using GsmMarhaba App
kabzfredo,
I'm in almost the exact same situation, only it's not my phone. A friend of the Boss upgraded the Bosses phone and got it stuck in a soft brick (Security booting error 1003). Because everyone thinks I have some secret knowledge about Computers and smartphones the Boss asked me to fix it for him (I'm an iOS guy secret knowledge=Google search). After beating my head against the wall most of the evening (LG Stylo with a MetroPCS model number and a Sprint Sim Card) I found a solution. Downloaded the files I needed and started the Flash process. While I was waiting I dozed off. When I woke up about 90 minutes later the process said it was complete, but the phone was DOA!!! To make a short story long, I ended up in the same place, a dead phone that shows up in my device manager as a Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM24). Again I searched and started asking questions. I was told that there were fixes but not for the LG Stylo G. Before I walk into work, with my tail between my legs, I though I'd try again, and found this thread. Do you have any insight into a solution that would make the phone functional again? If not then I'd like to be added to the list of inquiring minds.

Thanks

The Schmerd

kabzfredo

Friend's Martview
Apr 2, 2017
kampala Uganda
i would wish to help but its nighy herr in Uganda....... maybe tomorrow bcoz its now evening

Sent From Phantom6-Plus Using GsmMarhaba App

Roguey

May 12, 2017
Texas
lg.zip (lolipop, metro)
contains
gpt_main0.bin
gpt_both0.bin
gpt_backup0.bin
patch0.xml
rawprogram0.xml
rawprogram0_BLANK.xml

we need firehose or sahara.xml to use either qfil or qpst

ulisesdark

Sep 29, 2017
mexico
Unbrick hard bricked LG LS770 (MSM8916)

• MPRG8916.mbn
  • old_prog_emmc_firehose_8916.mbn
  • prog_emmc_firehose_8916.mbn
  • validated_emmc_firehose_8916.mbn

¿¿util for LG Ms631 or LG H631 Hard Unbrick ??

freddy0060

Apr 10, 2018
Republica Dominicana
Sonork ID
to be able to repair the phone all you need is in the following link.

This LG G Stylo H631 Unbrick Solutions Can Recover Devices that Are:
LG G Stylo H631 that's stuck at HS-USB QDLoader 9008.
2. Those with Blank screen and in emmergency diag mode.
3. Those LG G Stylo H631 with verification failure issues.
4. Some LG G Stylo H631 that hangs booting or ends up in incessant reboots.
5. Having boot Certification Verify errors.

How to Unbrick (Debrick) LG G Stylo H631
On this page, we give you instructional tutorials for methods deployed, that which include the QFIL and Loader methods of unbricking LG G Stylo H631.
In the paragraphs that follow below here, we explain how to unbrick your LG G Stylo H631 device using either QFIL or the Loader method.

To Unbrick (Debrick) your LG G Stylo H631 Using QFIL QPST
Download the contents of the QFIL Folder from the LG G Stylo H631 Unbrick Project Folder and Extract them onto a folder on your PC.
2. Download HS-USB QDLoader 32Bit Drivers 64Bit Drivers here and install it on your PC.
3. Open the LG G Stylo H631 QFIL Files folder on your PC to view its content.
4. Launch (Open) QFIL on your PC. You may download latest QPST from here if not installed on your PC yet.
5. Now, on QFIL, choose Flat Build and for programmer choose the firehose file seen in the QFIL Files folder you opened in Step 3 above.
6. Click Load XML and choose rawprogam0.xml and patch0.xml both in the QFIL Files folder in which the Firehose file is located.
7. Finally, click Download. QFIL should successfully download the files on your LG G Stylo H631.
Once QFIL has successfully downloaded the files, your LG G Stylo H631 should reboot automatically. Note that first boot may take up to 15 minutes to complete!

To Unbrick (Debrick) your LG G Stylo H631 Using Loader File / SD Card
From the LG G Stylo H631 Unbrick Project Folder, download the loader file and extract it onto a folder on your PC.
2. Now, format your SD Card. exFAT is preferred.
3. Download DiskImageRev2 from here and extract it onto a folder on your PC then, open it.
1529479963781.png

4. Slot your SD Card in a card reader and connect it to your PC.
5. Launch DiskImageRev2 on your PC - as Admin preferably.
6. On launch, DiskImageRev2 should detect and display the drive where your SD Card is connected. If otherwise, browse to select the correct drive.
7. From DiskImageRev2, browse to the folder where you saved / copied the LG G Stylo H631 Loader.img file on your PC and select it.
8. Now, click Write and wait until DiskImageRev2 completes the process.
9. Once DiskImageRev2 has successfully written the files on the SD Card, your SD Card is now bootable! You may now insert it on your LG G Stylo H631 and boot the device using its bootloader key combo.

Brief Note:
The Loader method requires a full ROM Dump also known as a full blk0 backup of a working LG G Stylo H631 correctly flashed or written on a pretty good and fast class 10 SD Card.

Please after repairing the phone upload the documents already downloaded to help others.

Thank you for your attention.

fonicom

Apr 29, 2018
NAIJA
Sonork ID
I PAID FOR THE FILES AND GOT THEM BUT CANNOT STILL FIX MY H631. ANYBODY HERE CAN HELP? CHAT ME ON +2348038******. WHATSAPP

john343

Jun 19, 2018
Ghanna
to be able to repair the phone all you need is in the following link.

LG G Stylo H631 Unbrick Solutions: Project Tutorials

Please after repairing the phone upload the documents already downloaded to help others.

Thank you for your attention.
This helped solve my issue. Though, I had to attempt with several SD Cards as suggested by one of the guys... At lest, it worked.

Reactions: freddy0060

Eplix

Aug 23, 2018
United States
I've got the files but they don't seem to be working. I've tried both solutions/methods. The QFIL method just says Sahara failure and download failure. The loader method is to suppose to make my micro sd card bootable but when I put it the device nothing comes up. I was thinking about doing both but idk what will happen and I don't want to mess anything else. Does anyone have some advice?