UFi Repairing eMMC while BGA is removed and credits

UFi Box & Dongle

Loledpsy

Sep 25, 2020
Germany
Hey all.

Im newcomer to this toolbox system and Im desperatelly searching everywhere to get the clear answer. People don't talk about this function of the box. We are considering to buy this toolbox (Box, not the dongle version).

If I don't use classic EDL or ISP method (using auth server and firehose)and I manage to remove BGA eMMC manually to program the flash directly from PC, do I have to buy credits to flash it? I think, when limitations caused by Qualcomms processor are gone there's no need of EDL sahara authorisation and cryptographic firehose protection. This value should be included in full price, I mean database of eMMC BGA profiles.

Thanks is advance for any answer, I hope this question didn't break any rules. Cause I couldn't find the information until now, and I was searching for a long time.

Madgoeslim

Product Manager
Aug 6, 2018
Indonesia
Hey all.

Im newcomer to this toolbox system and Im desperatelly searching everywhere to get the clear answer. People don't talk about this function of the box. We are considering to buy this toolbox (Box, not the dongle version).

If I don't use classic EDL or ISP method (using auth server and firehose)and I manage to remove BGA eMMC manually to program the flash directly from PC, do I have to buy credits to flash it? I think, when limitations caused by Qualcomms processor are gone there's no need of EDL sahara authorisation and cryptographic firehose protection. This value should be included in full price, I mean database of eMMC BGA profiles.

Thanks is advance for any answer, I hope this question didn't break any rules. Cause I couldn't find the information until now, and I was searching for a long time.

Hello,
Welcome to the martview forum,

Bootloader Authorization only applies to programming using the USB protocol (Download Mode) via fastboot or EDL for QC and or BROM for Mediatek.

So if we can directly access the flash chip (eMMC), either using the ISP method or by removing the chip, then the bootloader authorization is no longer needed, so is with the credit ;-)